Side hustles seem to be getting a lot of attention these days…and for good reason! In tandem with your primary job, a side hustle is a great way to leverage extra income without committing to the rigid schedule of a traditional second job. Basically, side hustles are the gateway to more financial freedom. Whether you’re looking to pay off the last of your student loan debt, reduce credit card bills, or save up to buy a house, the ability to generate extra money with a side hustle can quickly put these goals within reach.
Along with the rise of remote work, online opportunities are limitless allowing you to expand beyond your geographical location as well. The demand for digital advancements are only increasing, which can lead to a lucrative endeavor for you! All you really need to begin in this case is WiFi and determination.
Finding a side hustle, either online or in your area, is a highly recommended route to take to add some sizzle into your wallet this summer! Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Become An Associate: There’s plenty of opportunities to join high-level teams and get behind missions you’re passionate about right from your laptop or phone. Looking for a place to start? Join my team of dedicated individuals who are helping to empower and protect others with Legal Coverage Plans and ID Protection Coverage. Achieve success on your own terms by receiving commission on sales, all while making a difference!
- Virtual Assistant: We’re living in the age of online entrepreneurs and influencers, meaning more and more people are in search of a quality virtual assistant who can support their business needs. If you’re highly organized and detail-oriented, this could be the perfect fit for you. Obligations would include scheduling appointments, making phone calls, arranging travel, and responding to emails.
- Food Delivery: Popular food delivery services like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub are always looking for more delivery drivers. There are even opportunities now to shop for and deliver groceries to people’s doorstep through organizations like Instacart. Most say on average they make $25 an hour working for these companies. So if you love driving and have dependable transportation, this is a great way to earn some extra cash.
- Babysit / Pet Sit: This is an excellent option, especially for college students or recent grads who are amidst searching for full-time jobs. With summer being a busy vacation time for most people, reliable pet sitters and babysitters are in high demand. You can list that you’re available to work through social media, Craigslist, or even by hanging up old school fliers at local coffee shops.
- Drive for Uber: Uber and Lyft are other fantastic opportunities for those who love to drive! Especially with the longer, warmer days, people will be spending more evenings going out with friends and enjoying new restaurants. Which is a convenient way to supplement a traditional 9-5 work day as the busier hours tend to be at night and you get to create your own schedule!
- Social Media Management: A lot of businesses are utilizing social media platforms to enhance their company’s clientele. With the potential to reach people all over the world, social media is an incredible marketing tool that is always looking to be developed. If you’re creative, good at customer service, and always looking for ways to increase engagement online, then social media management is an ideal remote opportunity for you! Most business owners are typically busy with other obligations and don’t want to miss out on the benefits of maintaining a consistent social media presence. Therefore, build a portfolio and begin pitching your expertise to various places to be considered.
- Tutor Online: Numerous schools are still providing online learning opportunities to their students and the summer season opens up additional doors for students who are in need of extra attention. If you have a particular zone of genius, share your knowledge by becoming an online tutor. There are platforms to sign up on like Chegg Study and Tutor.com where you can create a profile and advertise your services.
- Sell on Etsy: Calling all craft lovers! Have you ever been told that you’re really talented at certain DIY projects? Maybe you’re great at sewing, making wow-worthy cards, or screen-printing unique designs. Whatever it may be, Etsy makes it easy to open your own shop and sell your craft which can become a great side business for you!
- Affiliate Marketing: If you already have a strong online presence, affiliate marketing could be an optimized passive income tool for you! Find your particular niche and then team up with others in the industry. Affiliates are looking to drive consumers to a unique link that promotes a certain product or service, perfect for bloggers and influencers. The more traffic you drive towards the offer, the more money you make!
- Start an E-Course: Have a passion for a particular area of expertise? Conduct an e-course. People love to expand their knowledge through online, self-paced mediums, so why not market your zone of genius? If you have a skillset others struggle to master, this is a great way to not only help but also make a steady stream of income doing so.
- Airbnb: Have extra space? As people are looking to book their summer vacations, renting out extra rooms could be an excellent gig for making quick money!
As you can see there are many creative, fun, and easy ways to make more money that don’t require excessive degrees, time commitments, or prerequisites. Use this summer to capitalize on the abundance of opportunities available to move forward on your financial goals!